Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

Public Spreadsheets

You are a Troll
Bob
Goblinary.com is still functioning as far as I can tell, though I don't believe it has scraped the Public Spreadsheets for data recently. We've mostly been adding new stuff, so the vast majority of the data there should still be accurate, even if some of the newer data is missing.

I never understood WHY this wasn't a priority for Goblinworks to maintain? Goblinary.com is *almost* 100% necessary to play this game well - why can't YOU keep it up to date and maintain it Bob, since it pulls from your spreadsheets?
Bob
You are a Troll
I never understood WHY this wasn't a priority for Goblinworks to maintain? Goblinary.com is *almost* 100% necessary to play this game well - why can't YOU keep it up to date and maintain it Bob, since it pulls from your spreadsheets?

The short answer is that goblinary.com was created completely outside of Goblinworks/Paizo and isn't ours in any way. We just made the spreadsheet data available in hopes that interested players would create cool things with it, and the creators of goblinary.com definitely did so. Beyond that, we've never worked directly on it and really have no idea what's involved in accessing/running/maintaining it.
Edam
Bob
Quick update to the Public Spreadsheets: The radius for AoE Splash attacks is 3 meters, not 2.5. The previous text also said that 2.5 meters is melee range, which is incorrect (melee range is 5 meters)

Which reminds me.

Polearms are slightly underpowered, presumably because their range at the time the game was released was almost triple normal melee range. They now have an attack range only slightly more than other two handed weapons and like many other rarely used weapons in the game (longbows for example) they are still useable but are not optimal. There are substantially better two handed choices, which given two handed weapons in general are sub optimal, does not say a lot for using a pole arm.

They probably need a balancing pass.

Options to make them more balance would include:
  • increase the melee range of all attacks
  • if that is overpowered give them a couple of specific attacks with more range instead
  • if increasing the range is undesirable just adjust the damage, attack time and effects on the attacks they do have
Bob
Edam
Polearms are slightly underpowered, presumably because their range at the time the game was released was almost triple normal melee range. They now have an attack range only slightly more than other two handed weapons and like many other rarely used weapons in the game (longbows for example) they are still useable but are not optimal. There are substantially better two handed choices, which given two handed weapons in general are sub optimal, does not say a lot for using a pole arm.

They probably need a balancing pass.

I added a bug report to our database to look into this further when I have more time. I'd have to dig into a lot of history to see exactly what changes were made as result of increasing melee range, but at first glance it looks like standard melee range went from 3 to 5 (+67%) while polearm range went from 4 to 6.5 (+63%), while all the balance numbers were left intact. So yes, their range didn't go up by quite as high a percentage as standard melee weapons, and it's possible they should get a slight boost to reflect that. Then again, it's not a big percentage difference, so it probably wouldn't make that much of a difference, particularly since the balance formulas really lump all the two-handed weapons into one rough "extended-melee" category anyway. The balance formulas make lots of assumptions about how much range matters or doesn't, and it's always possible those assumptions meant polearms were imbalanced a bit even before the melee change, or they're catching some big advantage to polearms that we're just missing without a deeper dive.
Edam
Bob
I added a bug report to our database to look into this further when I have more time. I'd have to dig into a lot of history to see exactly what changes were made as result of increasing melee range, but at first glance it looks like standard melee range went from 3 to 5 (+67%) while polearm range went from 4 to 6.5 (+63%), while all the balance numbers were left intact. So yes, their range didn't go up by quite as high a percentage as standard melee weapons, and it's possible they should get a slight boost to reflect that. Then again, it's not a big percentage difference, so it probably wouldn't make that much of a difference, particularly since the balance formulas really lump all the two-handed weapons into one rough "extended-melee" category anyway. The balance formulas make lots of assumptions about how much range matters or doesn't, and it's always possible those assumptions meant polearms were imbalanced a bit even before the melee change, or they're catching some big advantage to polearms that we're just missing without a deeper dive.

Fair enough.

The change "felt" more substantial, possibly becasue 3m melee meant you needed to be in their face whereas 4m seemed back a bit and would let you swing past poke them and keep going without getting hit. With 5m versus 6.5m the attacks "feel" much of a muchness.

However if the numbers are saying just a few percent difference it must be more an "impression" thing rather than a real difference.
Bob
Edam
The change "felt" more substantial, possibly becasue 3m melee meant you needed to be in their face whereas 4m seemed back a bit and would let you swing past poke them and keep going without getting hit. With 5m versus 6.5m the attacks "feel" much of a muchness.

However if the numbers are saying just a few percent difference it must be more an "impression" thing rather than a real difference.

Looking at the reasons why we increased melee range, it may very well be that increasing those ranges by the same percentage helped standard melee range attacks far more than it helped polearm range attacks. Given the general width of characters and mobs, trying to get the center of your character within 3 meters of the center of your target would be quite the struggle, where getting within 5 meters is generally pretty easy. Trying to get within 4 meters of your target was probably wasn't too difficult, so increasing the range to 6.5 didn't make quite as much of a difference in overall usability.

Of course, the trick is figuring out whether that means increasing the melee range created an imbalance that made polearms underpowered after that change, or fixed an imbalance that made standard melee range weapons underpowered before the change, or falls somewhere in the middle. That will take a much deeper look to figure out.
Bob
On the Settlement Structures tab of the Public Spreadsheets, added columns for the auction length and tier/upgrade restrictions at each Auction House upgrade, along with notes explaining what each column means.
Bob
Changed the tab name from Traits to Creature Traits. In getting ready to add these to the in-game help, I was reviewing the Pathfinder Second Edition Core Rulebook and some of our past posts, and realized that Traits can mean pretty much any of the keywords we use in the game. To differentiate these from all the others, we'll refer to them more specifically as Creature Traits moving forward.
Bob
Added a Creature Levels tab to the Public Spreadsheets. This lists the main creatures you'll run into throughout the Echo Woods and their overall difficulty level. I've included all the main escalation creatures (in their most general form possible to keep the list from getting even longer), but not the specialized creatures from the events. Those will take a lot more work to gather and I'll probably need to rethink the presentation a bit to keep those from bloating the list too much.
Bob
Added Formula Books to the Misc Gear tab of the Public Spreadsheets.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post