Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

Statue of Pharasma Changes

Bob
I'm working on the following changes to make it a lot quicker to produce Statues of Pharasma, and to make placing them during this final stretch more worthwhile:

• Mats: Triple the ratings for gatherable Pharasma mats at nodes and triple the likelihood of Remembrances dropping as loot.
  • Recipes: Double the likelihood of getting a Pharasma recipe whenever a T3 recipe drops as loot.
  • Crafting: Halve all the Pharasma crafting times.
  • DI Generation: Increase the amount of DI generated per upgrade by 40 in each Index beyond what Statues of Pharasma already generate. That means they'd produce a minimum of 40 in each Index at +0, 80 at +1, and so on.

I'm planning to put these relatively simple changes into a small update and get that deployed soon. I'll also be looking at some additional content-only features for the statues for a later update, but I'm not sure what will actually work for Infrastructure or how much I'll be able to squeeze in while also preparing the new escalation.

Questions/comments/thoughts?
Nails
Looks good, how about guaranteeing a remembrance for each person in the group taking down the boss?

Nails
Bob
Nails
Looks good, how about guaranteeing a remembrance for each person in the group taking down the boss?

I like that idea and it doesn't throw the numbers off very much, but don't really like that such a big guaranteed reward could be the result of just waiting for an escalation to naturally drop to zero strength over a few weeks. So, in exchange for that, I'm planning to remove the hourly strength drop from all the escalations, which feels appropriate during a time where so many groups will be focused on getting the full variety of Remembrances.
You are a Troll
Bob
I'm planning to remove the hourly strength drop from all the escalations, which feels appropriate during a time where The Nightstalkers/Lisa will be focused on getting the full variety of Remembrances.

Fixed that for ya smile
Nails
Troll,

The nightstalkers have had all the mats to make a statue for more than 2 months. It has been our focus since the holiday event. We are in the process of crafting the various parts to make the statue.

I was trying to help the others on the server who don't have a large number of people helping them with the statue .

Nails
Bob
After trying out the halved Pharasma crafting times, I've decided that's not a big enough change. Even under the best circumstances, several of the crafting stages could be measured in weeks. Pharasma drops should still be useful and valuable even during the final weeks of play, which won't be the case if they take too long to craft. For that matter, everyone should be able to get some use out of anything they've gathered the mats for in the time that remains, rather than waiting a long time to craft a suit of armor or add a powerful enchantment.

To that end, I'm going to drop all crafting times, not just the Pharasma ones, to 1/10 of their previous times. That should make it possible to craft most things within a matter of days rather than weeks, while leaving enough of the time difference between projects in place so any bonuses that affect crafting time still feel worthwhile.

I'll also adjust the default crafting taxes to 10 times their current value, which technically means that I'll drop the number of seconds per 1c of tax to 1/10 their current value. The end result will be that crafting projects result in the same default taxes as they do now, they just take 1/10 of the time. That won't automatically change the taxes at player settlements though, so settlement leaders can decide whether or not they want to make any adjustments.
Garric Orcsbane
Will this affect things that are already in queue/production?
Bob
Garric Orcsbane
Will this affect things that are already in queue/production?
Unfortunately no, the timer for each project gets set when it's queued up. If you've got any really long crafting projects ready to go, you might want to hold off on them until the update is deployed. That could potentially be as early as Thursday or Friday, but only if we get really lucky on the first build.
Garric Orcsbane
That is what I figured but wanted to be sure. Thanks!
Bob
I've got a new build ready with all of these changes and it passed all my tests on our internal servers. I'd hoped to be able to put the build on Zog today, but I'm running into some technical issues building the installers/patchers. With a fair amount of luck I may get things sorted and deployed to Zog by tomorrow, in which case just a little more luck will mean deploying to Live during Daily Maintenance on Friday. That's a lot of luck to ask for though, pretty likely things will be delayed until sometime next week.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post