Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Buffs across the board are still to short

Brighthaven Leader
That is still seriously way too low. Besides, were not asking them to change THAT system, were asking that the base be increased across the board.

1 Round with said bonuses you are talking about, isn't ever going to be much more than 1 Round.

Also, I still don't quite understand what you just explained, mainly because Effect Power/Protection, Are you talking about the difference between Utilized Keywords by the Target vs the Caster?
Brighthaven is a Neutral Good settlement focused on defending its citizens and its allies from negative fringe based PvP (Player Killing and Griefing) while striving to become a large and shining beacon for Good. Whether you wish to benefit from this protection or you love PvP and wish to assist in providing this protection, Brighthaven aims to be the home and support center for you!
Dazyk of Phaeros
Yes. The Effect Power (keywords matched on the caster) are compared to the Effect Protection (keywords matched on armour of target, even self) and then adjusted accordingly: 4vs6 would be a decrease of 20% to duration of any buffs/debuffs.
Dazyk Half-Elven, Elder of the Frozen Fingers, the shock- troops of Phaeros. If you are a fighter, cleric, or rogue, and enjoy battle, be it PVP or PVE, we are the company for you! We welcome role-players, casual gamers, and hardcore players alike.

Find your hidden strength, join the Frozen Fingers today!
Dazyk's PFO Resources Folder
Nightdrifter
Dazyk already answered, but yes, they scale based on the difference in your keywords vs. your target's defensive keywords.

I agree that they're short. I was simply pointing out that they do scale with keywords. Which keywords they scale with depends upon which type of buff you're referring to:

utility -> gloves/boots/etc
expendable -> class feature
attack -> weapon
Dazyk of Phaeros
And comically, even when trying to cast buffs on yourself, your armour keywords are taken in to account (because you are the target). It is, therefore, possible to hamper your own buffs given the right keyword set-up.

/aside
Dazyk Half-Elven, Elder of the Frozen Fingers, the shock- troops of Phaeros. If you are a fighter, cleric, or rogue, and enjoy battle, be it PVP or PVE, we are the company for you! We welcome role-players, casual gamers, and hardcore players alike.

Find your hidden strength, join the Frozen Fingers today!
Dazyk's PFO Resources Folder
Brighthaven Leader
Yea, that probably needs to be changed up a bit.

Did some testing today, on myself a few friends, and the buff duration for Bless was 14.5 seconds, or 2 seconds and some change on the 2 round duration.

They had Unbreakable 2, with +2 Pot Plate, Scout 5, with +2 Quiet Iron Shirt, and Dragoon 5, with +2 Hide and Steel Banded. I was using a +2 Acolytes Elemental Focus, with Bless level 2.
Brighthaven is a Neutral Good settlement focused on defending its citizens and its allies from negative fringe based PvP (Player Killing and Griefing) while striving to become a large and shining beacon for Good. Whether you wish to benefit from this protection or you love PvP and wish to assist in providing this protection, Brighthaven aims to be the home and support center for you!
Nightdrifter
Hmm, they have Effect Protections of:
*2 (Unbreakable 2/+2 Pot Steel Plate)
*3 (Scout 5/+2 Quiet Iron Shirt)
*3 (Dragoon 5/+2 Hide and Steel Banded)

You would've had an Effect Power of:
*2 (Bless 2/+2 Acolyte's Elemental Focus)

Then in those 3 cases your duration should have been 12s/10.8s/10.8s for those cases. Something odd there as 14.5 seconds is consistent with Effect Power - Effect Protection = +2, not -1 or 0.

If I had to guess I'd say that there may be a bug where the duration is being determined only by Effect Power and that Effect Protection is not being checked there.
Brighthaven Leader
See, that blows, lol.

If it were based on Tier, that is different, but not giving someone a full boost within my own tier, just doesn't seem right.
Edam
One issue I am having is with timeouts as by the time I apply a third buff the first is nearly worn off.

The current buff system (along with some aspects of healing) seems to actually see clerics as heal and buff bots which is more WoW than Pathfinder.
Brighthaven Leader
Yea, if we want to translate this into table top, a Cleric is suppose to be able to help flank, put out a little damage, buff, debuff, and put out solid damage vs Undead, Evil/Good, Law/Chaos, as well as be able to put out emergency healing, some at range, and some in melee.

Here is what I am thinking, buffs need to be translated from TT into PFO, which means buff and forget for awhile, the Cleric is not a spam bot. Furthermore, I am fine high level emergency healing (Lesser Cure, Greater Cure, etc) is touch, but we need something that heals a little better than minor cure, and has a little range on it. I know you guys have something called Channel Positive Energy, I am wondering what the ETA on that feature is?

Also, due to a lot of these buffs/heals actually healing the enemy, is there anyway that we could get a Meter Counter beside each characters name that is in your party? So that you can tell the range for heals/buffs?

Lastly, I think it is absurd that you are only able to buff, to your full ability, those that are near your level. There are just some things that should be left alone, or another work around to keep the power curve that you want. Because someone is 2 levels lower than me they take a 4.5 second hit? They are still in the same tier as me.

That brings me to my final point. If you intend to keep with the current way you are doing buffs/debuffs, I implore you to change it based on Tier, instead of Effect Protect vs Effect Power. If you are in the same Tier as someone, you should be able to give them a decent boost. Perhaps change the Effect Protect vs Effect Power to specifically target Major Keywords.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
If I'm understanding it tight, there is the issue that most of those buffs are coming from things that can be cast over and over again, vs TT, where a Cleric might only have 1 or 2 of a given buff available, if they took that one today. If they're lengthened appreciably, they might have to become less frequently usable.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post