Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Gathering for Expendables

Nihimon
Talking about this with Cheatle, I think it would probably make sense if there were some rather low-powered Level 1 Expendables there were more common, but they'd lose all market value. Another idea that might even be better is to have a new Basic Expendable (like the Basic Attacks) for each Implement that are common drops.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Brighthaven Leader
OR following along with Nihimon here….

Like Basic Exploits we automatically get with weapons, have each Implement come attached with 1 Basic Expendable. Having to wait days and weeks to use Expendables shouldn't be part of the design. Some are sitting here with a resource, Power, that we have to invest in just to level roles, and it does nothing until you find an expendable.

Suggestions:

Everyone would have: 15 Stamina, 10 power, 1.3 Seconds, Cooldown (Spells only), as well as Melee

Fighter Lvl 0 - Expendable - "Counter," Defending (1 Round) to Self, Strengthened (2 Rounds) to Self (Keyword: Student)
Wizard Lvl 0 - Expendable - "Shocking Grasp," 1.5 Dmg Factor, Electric Damage, On Flat-Footed 25 Exhausted and Slow (Keyword: Apprentice)
Cleric Lvl 0 - Expendable - "Faithful Defense," Physical Resistant (3 Rounds) to target (Keyword: Acolyte)
Rogue Lvl 0 - Expendable - "Ruse," 50% Flatfooted (1 Round) (Keyword: Student)
Brighthaven is a Neutral Good settlement focused on defending its citizens and its allies from negative fringe based PvP (Player Killing and Griefing) while striving to become a large and shining beacon for Good. Whether you wish to benefit from this protection or you love PvP and wish to assist in providing this protection, Brighthaven aims to be the home and support center for you!
Nihimon
I'm normally extremely deferential to the designers, but this seems like a good idea.

But you need to learn the lingo, Cheatle. It's "Exhausted 25 if Target is Flat-Footed, Slowed 25 if Target is Flat-Footed", and "Flat-Footed (1 Round, 50% Chance)".
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Brighthaven Leader
LOL, I was just spit balling.
Brighthaven is a Neutral Good settlement focused on defending its citizens and its allies from negative fringe based PvP (Player Killing and Griefing) while striving to become a large and shining beacon for Good. Whether you wish to benefit from this protection or you love PvP and wish to assist in providing this protection, Brighthaven aims to be the home and support center for you!
Brighthaven Leader
Here is the idea on Ideascale: https://pathfinderonlinecrowdforging.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Basic-Expendable-A-free-level-1-Expendable-for-Implements/51703-30320
Redbeard
I have a hard time giving input on expendables, because I've been playing since the start of Alpha 8.1 and have yet to see a single expendable drop across both characters. This includes my time spent AoEing groups with my wizard, and time spent in groups killing higher level NPCs with my cleric. Because of this, I have no idea how they work. Are expendables truly expendable (single use, like a scroll) or are they learnable permanently, which is not implied by their name.
Brighthaven Leader
First off, I think most people agree that Expendable is a terrible name, they are more like Dailies. So, once you learn a Spell or Maneuver (by right clicking), then it goes to your Active Feat selection where you can equip it to your top bar. It utilizes Power, your yellow bar.

Spells are one use per combat (unless you have two implements equipped, each with the same slotted spell). Maneuvers are mostly spamable, because they don't have this cooldown, but they aren't nearly as good as most spells, so trade off there. There are a couple maneuvers that are just once per combat though.

That is why they are called Expendables, once per combat, plus uses a resource you only get so much of. Power doesn't regenerate like Sta/HP. You need a Tavern to regenerate, at its like 5% of your max Power per 12 mins, which is like 4 hours to regenerate your whole bar.

Camps are going to be BIG business.
Dazyk of Phaeros
Yes, it is slightly confusing: Expendables are special abilities/spells that drop from enemies and that can be learned (given proper training) by clicking them in your inventory and spending the required XP. You then have that Expendable forever. When you equip that expendable to your Implement (Spellbook, Holy Symbol, etc) you can then spend the Stamina and Power in combat to use that Expendable.

Characters have a finite amount of Power, and in EE it will not regenerate naturally, you will have to find a tavern or camp in which to 'rest'.
Dazyk Half-Elven, Elder of the Frozen Fingers, the shock- troops of Phaeros. If you are a fighter, cleric, or rogue, and enjoy battle, be it PVP or PVE, we are the company for you! We welcome role-players, casual gamers, and hardcore players alike.

Find your hidden strength, join the Frozen Fingers today!
Dazyk's PFO Resources Folder
Valkenr
Redbeard
I have a hard time giving input on expendables, because I've been playing since the start of Alpha 8.1 and have yet to see a single expendable drop across both characters. This includes my time spent AoEing groups with my wizard, and time spent in groups killing higher level NPCs with my cleric. Because of this, I have no idea how they work. Are expendables truly expendable (single use, like a scroll) or are they learnable permanently, which is not implied by their name.

If you've killed more than 1000 enemies, I bet you have at least one. They don't show up anywhere obvious, you have to go into the unfiltered 'All' tab, and look for "Maneuver: ________" and/or "Spell: _________"
Valkenr
Did some adventure/gathering last night around the swamps for a few hours and got two maneuvers. Probably about 4-500 kills for the entire night. I really don't see the problem. Two expendables for 500 kills seems fine. For some perspective I also got 20 recipes(3x +3, 2x +2, 5x +1, 10 base), 6 silver, 59 pieces of salvage, 25 implements, 4 suits of armor, and 30 weapons.

Again, that seems fine.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post