Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

appear to be ending up in a different "layer" of the game than the rest of the party

teribithia9
I sent an email to customer service regarding this. They haven't responded. Hoping that a player will have had the same problem and can tell me how to resolve. Thanks. Email I sent to customer service below.

Myself and two of my friends just logged in and tried to form a party to go check out our settlement, Hammerfall. My two friends could see each other on the landscape, but they couldn't see me. We could form a party, but it showed me as out of range. We have logged out and back in and even rerun the patcher several times but always when we log in, the two of them can see each other and can't see me. Because of this, we're unable to play as we wanted to go together as a party to up our possibilty of survival. Please tell us how to fix this. Thanks.
Nihimon
You can only see party members that are close enough to be on your mini-map. I'm guessing your friends were lucky enough to start in the same Settlement, and that you're in a different starter Settlement.

You'll need to meet up somewhere and then travel together.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Nihimon
… unless you're saying you're standing right next to them and the game still thinks you're too far away…
teribithia9
Yep-that's exactly what I'm saying. I was standing right next to them and the game still thought I was too far away.
Nihimon
Weird…
Bunibuni
That sometimes means that you have been booted from the game and you get no notice that you have done so. They should stay in and you try re-logging in.
Crafting! Gathering! Monster Killing! Exploring! Politicking! That's us in a nutshell! Ranged Attackers, crafters and gatherers come join the Holy Magicks company based out of High Road. Our main motto is "Death Thru Superior Fire Powers!"
teribithia9
As I already indicated above, we have logged out and back in and even rerun the patcher several times but always when we log in, the two of them can see each other and can't see me.
Nihimon
Can you see them in the game world, but not on your mini-map?

How exactly did you verify that you were all in the same starter town?
Ryan Dancey
Yeah, this is a one-off problem. Nobody else has ever reported it. I suspect something really weird is going on. Can you link to a screen shot of the players standing next to each other without being able to join the party?
Jazzlvraz
Has it happened more than that once, terebithia?

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post