Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Gathering Survey

Gog
Lee Hammock
1. What are you finding too much of, such that you never can use/sell it (aside from essences since they are currently not useful due to lack of enchanting)?
2. What are you not finding enough of at tier 1?
3. Are their hexes or regions you ignore because the gathering is too unpredictable?

OK then, here's my feedback:

1) In general, if I'm in the right region for what I'm looking for I'm getting the right stuff. With that said, there's a lot more tansy dropping than we have any real use for: other than for T2 rogue kits, tansy only goes into alchemist recipes which aren't yet a real part of the economy.

2) Weak adhesive stock is needed in a lot of different recipes and seems slightly underdeployed relative to its demand. Greenweed is not common in any particular region or terrain so people who need it have to spot harvest until they find a hex where it happens to grow, and even in those hexes it's not common.

3) No - the problem is not that regionally common resources are unreliable, the problem is with a few specific resource types which are not regionally common anywhere.
^This is Dak (Charlie George). RIP <Guurzak>
Nihimon
I would add that I'm happy with the Regional differences, and hope they remain.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Bunibuni
Moonstone is pretty hard to find, which slows down crafting robes and other items. Brimstone easy to find.
Crafting! Gathering! Monster Killing! Exploring! Politicking! That's us in a nutshell! Ranged Attackers, crafters and gatherers come join the Holy Magicks company based out of High Road. Our main motto is "Death Thru Superior Fire Powers!"
Giorgio
Bunibuni
Moonstone is pretty hard to find, which slows down crafting robes and other items.
Forgeholm has a small stock pile of Moonstone for trade or sale, just saying… smile
First Elder Durin Steelforge; Leader of Forgeholm; Founder of Steelforge Engineering Company

PM Giorgo on Paizo Forums
PM Admin George on Commonwealth of the Free Highlands
Illililili
Guurzak
Lee Hammock
1. What are you finding too much of, such that you never can use/sell it (aside from essences since they are currently not useful due to lack of enchanting)?
2. What are you not finding enough of at tier 1?
3. Are their hexes or regions you ignore because the gathering is too unpredictable?
2) Weak adhesive stock is needed in a lot of different recipes and seems slightly underdeployed relative to its demand. Greenweed is not common in any particular region or terrain so people who need it have to spot harvest until they find a hex where it happens to grow, and even in those hexes it's not common.

Weak adhesive is needed in large quantities, and cannot be found in these quantities. It is needed primarily for Staves, Bows, and Armor, and we are constantly held up in production by the lack. Many days it is even more scarce than coal. Coal is also scarce, but we are hoping that we can bring in more as our people get more mining skill.

Green and Yellow (and weak adhesive again!) are needed in barfably large quantities to make Spellbooks. Right now only the leading edge wizards are trying to get these made, but all three of these are very hard to get. Our guild is large, and many people donate resources to help others, even so we are lucky to get the components to make one spellbook every few days. And we have a lot of wizards that will all be wanting one soonish.

Lesser Vital also seems to be a bit rarer than its use in recipes would call for.
Schedim
In general I have a problem with stuff of higher order demands so weirdly much more recourses (I guess it is because I do to many mass transfer models in my work, where the heck is all that mass going?), I would prefer them instead demanding higher quality of stock for plus equipment.

But I guess that would be even more difficult for Bob to balance, as it one parameter more in the equation.

It would also lessen the upcoming transport problem of T2 equipment between crafting stations.
Schedim: Peddler and dealer in stuff easily transported, restless wandering the land of the River. Trying to find out how to reawaken the cult of Hanspur. To realise this ambition I created the company named Rats of Hanspur.
You can reach me on: pfo.schedim@gmail.com
plopmania
About adhesive:
I actually feel like I am finding "enough" weak adhesive. When I say "enough" I mean that I wouldn't like to get more of it. But I am not actually finding enough to meet the need. So I am wondering if it would be possible to tweak the recipes themselves instead of gathering rates of weak adhesive. There are countless chemicals just sitting in my bank, waiting to be used by some lonely alchemist, whereas weak adhesive is everyone's game.

Also: green and yellow would like some love in the drop-rate department.
Schedim
The absence of a lot of alchemists makes the herb market skewed, a lot of plant nodes get harvested because we need so much adhesives for weapon production … and the by-products are of less use…
Schedim: Peddler and dealer in stuff easily transported, restless wandering the land of the River. Trying to find out how to reawaken the cult of Hanspur. To realise this ambition I created the company named Rats of Hanspur.
You can reach me on: pfo.schedim@gmail.com
Azure_Zero
Schedim
The absence of a lot of alchemists makes the herb market skewed, a lot of plant nodes get harvested because we need so much adhesives for weapon production … and the by-products are of less use…

Not just weapons, but armour as well given certain T1 armours need weak vanish.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post