Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

Stealth

Dazyk of Phaeros
Preamble: sorry to all those who have been exploiting this; I have been too, so this hurts me as much as it does you smile

Stealth should be broken when you begin gathering at a node. In fact, stealth should break upon performing any ability or interacting with any object. It doesn't seem right that I can't cast a cure on myself without breaking stealth, but I can swing my pickaxe and shovel to mine some coal, or harvest lumber from a tree, while remaining completely hidden.
Dazyk Half-Elven, Elder of the Frozen Fingers, the shock- troops of Phaeros. If you are a fighter, cleric, or rogue, and enjoy battle, be it PVP or PVE, we are the company for you! We welcome role-players, casual gamers, and hardcore players alike.

Find your hidden strength, join the Frozen Fingers today!
Dazyk's PFO Resources Folder
Nihimon
+1
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Grimmel
Yep.
Jazzlvraz
Agreed.
Decius
For some values of "completely hidden".
Stephen Cheney
I was revisiting the design for commoner and expert as I began implementing their feats a couple weeks ago when I had a moment of: "Oh, hey, we penciled in a commoner feat to let them retain Stealth when gathering… that probably wouldn't be very useful right now."

Which is to say the ability for everyone to gather without breaking Stealth wasn't really planned, but people seem to like it so it wouldn't be nice to just take it away. But maybe they would like it more if it was a benefit of speccing commoner and not everyone had it?
Valkenr
Stephen Cheney
I was revisiting the design for commoner and expert as I began implementing their feats a couple weeks ago when I had a moment of: "Oh, hey, we penciled in a commoner feat to let them retain Stealth when gathering… that probably wouldn't be very useful right now."

Which is to say the ability for everyone to gather without breaking Stealth wasn't really planned, but people seem to like it so it wouldn't be nice to just take it away. But maybe they would like it more if it was a benefit of speccing commoner and not everyone had it?

Take it away from us! and do it now. Having a feat to stay in stealth while gathering makes sense! Everyone shouldn't be able to easily gather between packs of mobs. The sooner the better, otherwise more people get used to it, and you get more flak in the end.
Giorgio
Gathering nodes from 20 feet away under stealth lets me bypass and ignore mobs at leisure. I'd rather it be removed as a default and instead given to those who specialize in gathering feats.

Gathering should absolutely break stealth. It will also put an end to solo drive-by gathering while ignoring mobs and putting adventures out of work…
First Elder Durin Steelforge; Leader of Forgeholm; Founder of Steelforge Engineering Company

PM Giorgo on Paizo Forums
PM Admin George on Commonwealth of the Free Highlands
Ulf Stonepate
Giorgio
Gathering should absolutely break stealth. It will also put an end to solo drive-by gathering while ignoring mobs and putting adventures out of work…
They took our jerbs! Stealthily!

I think that, just as some equipment and reacial bonuses add to your harvesting skill, using the stealth harvesting feat should reduce it. Making full use of a resource node should require full attention and a big hammer.
Jazzlvraz
Don't let everyone gather from stealth, and give this tempting aptitude to characters who've made an effort to learn how. There must be several interesting ways to grant additional or improved ability as one increments the Feat, so, to quote Valkenr, "take it away from us! and do it now", and let us start figuring out whether we can afford the XP, from our rigid training plans, to learn.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post