Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Encumbrance - ugh!

Gwyndar
V12 has apparently instituted encumbrance with some issues. None of us can move. Can't go to the bank to unload any of this stuff. I already put most stuff in the bank, so what's left i don't want to trash (thanks for the trash can, though). I saw something that explained encumbrance - the bars and what the colors mean - but can't remember where that is. Also, can you explain the weights - are they lbs. or percentages? How can I find out how much I can hold and still move? Just a few questions. Thanks!
Azure_Zero
Everyone was Warned encumbrance was coming,
and should always off logged off near a bank or dumped next to everything in their bank before going anywhere.

The bars at the bottom on the Inventory Menu is your Encumbrance.
DO NOT fill the top bar as it'll slow you down / stop you standing, the bottom bar is where you should stay.

The encumbrance of an item is representing the item's weight and bulkiness.

Even dumping OVER 70% my stuff (even a good piece of stuff I wanted keep on me), I could not move.
But I did log off next to the Bank so it was less of problem
Nihimon
When you open your inventory, you'll see two bars on the lower-right. The bottom bar displays (by filling from left to right) how close you are to having your movement speed impacted due to Encumbrance. Once that bottom bar is full, the bar above displays (by filling from left to right) how close you are to being completely unable to move due to Encumbrance.

If both of those bars are full, being unable to move is expected. If they're not both full and you're still unable to move, it's a bug.

I recommend putting everything in the Vault and traveling to a Crafting Settlement to buy as many ranks of the Encumbrance Feat as you can afford.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
tribuzio
Are you wearing medium or heavy armor?
The heavy armor lower you maximum encumbrance by 33% beside its weight, so removing it will increase your carrying capacity by a good margin.
Melien
Woo Hoo! With just a pixels of the Second bar un-full. My walking and running speeds are identical (i.e. you can move at a pace that would make a 3 legged tortoise look like Speedy Gonzolas)

<Merchant being Robbed> I'm sorry Mr. Highwayman. How many suits of Pot Plate would you like to loot off me?

<Overburdened Highwayman> Ugh! Oh my aching back!

<Merchant being robbed> I could throw in some True Coal and Iron Ore if you think that would help?

<Highway that's Collapsed from Exhaustion> Just Pile it right here next to my corpse husk. If you don't mind?

<Merchant> Oooo. You're just like having a wilderness bank vault! Do you mind if I tell my friends about your services? I know someone that makes Cinder blocks and He's desperately in need of you.

<Exhausted Highwayman> I wish I had 20 levels of Strong Back before starting out on this career path. <expires>

<Merchant> He has much better equipment than I'm carrying! Here let me swap out these rags and rocks for something better.
Azure_Zero
Melien
Woo Hoo! With just a pixels of the Second bar un-full. My walking and running speeds are identical (i.e. you can move at a pace that would make a 3 legged tortoise look like Speedy Gonzolas)

<Merchant being Robbed> I'm sorry Mr. Highwayman. How many suits of Pot Plate would you like to loot off me?

<Overburdened Highwayman> Ugh! Oh my aching back!

<Merchant being robbed> I could throw in some True Coal and Iron Ore if you think that would help?

<Highway that's Collapsed from Exhaustion> Just Pile it right here next to my corpse husk. If you don't mind?

<Merchant> Oooo. You're just like having a wilderness bank vault! Do you mind if I tell my friends about your services? I know someone that makes Cinder blocks and He's desperately in need of you.

<Exhausted Highwayman> I wish I had 20 levels of Strong Back before starting out on this career path. <expires>

<Merchant> He has much better equipment than I'm carrying! Here let me swap out these rags and rocks for something better.

lmao
Robert Hodgson
Indeed, if you plan on wandering around, gathering everything in sight, heavy armor is probably a pretty bad choice.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
"Harvester's Cloth" Tier 3 Clothing Armor; grants kws at all upgrades: Harvester,MW,Organic,Encumber,Fleet; grants kws based on upgrade: Clothing (+0),Convey(+1),Portage(+2),Haul(+3)

smile
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post