Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

Tool tips for Feats and Abilities

Sir John Cabot
Just wondering, seems important…

When you have a feat "socketed" you can hover over it and a really nice tooltip pops up telling you everything you need to know about said feat.

Can we get that at the trainers before we purchase them? OR just a way of knowing what weapons the feats go with. AND what do the colors mean?

If this question was answered, I apologize. If we have info collected about the feats and weapons and colors, can someone post a link.

Thanks guys!
Cabot Cartography : "Mapping the resources of the River Kingdoms"
Unaligned, nonpolitical, currently based out of Canis Castrum.
WWW.cabotcartography.blogspot.com
Ryan Dancey
That's CRAZY TALK!.

smile
Wyspr
This has been asked in various threads, my recollection is that tool tips are planned but have not been implemented due to other higher priority items taking president. I'm sure Nihimon would be able to point to the specific thread that it's in, amazing memory that man has.
shhh…
Nihimon
Sir Cabot of Cheddar
… what do the colors mean?

Blue background is Direct (single-target) Damage.
Other backgrounds generally depict AoE Damage: Yellow = Splash, Green = Streak, etc.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Nihimon
Wyspr
This has been asked in various threads, my recollection is that tool tips are planned but have not been implemented due to other higher priority items taking president. I'm sure Nihimon would be able to point to the specific thread that it's in, amazing memory that man has.

*blushes*

I seem to recall the same thing, but it's much more difficult to find threads on these forums. But rest assured, the dev team is well aware that they need "tooltips everywhere" (that may be a quote from one of the devs, actually).
Sir John Cabot
Sweet guys! Thanks!
Cabot Cartography : "Mapping the resources of the River Kingdoms"
Unaligned, nonpolitical, currently based out of Canis Castrum.
WWW.cabotcartography.blogspot.com
Being
The leftmost part of the tool tip appears behind the feat window you have open to hover on. It would be better were tool tips always on top, rather than always behind the calling window.
Lo, the mighty Oak. Just a little nut who stood his ground!
KarlBob
I've seen some inconsistency with tooltip placement. Some "popped under" the calling window, as Being described. Others appeared "on top of" the calling window, where I could read them.
Nihimon
It seems that the Achievements window is the biggest culprit for this problem.
Sluce
I think that spells should also be annotated with the school that each spell belongs to such as abjuration, evocation etc…But that just might be crazy talk ;D

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post