Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Reputation and PvP

Ryan Dancey
During Adventure Time with Bonny last Friday I accidentally made two attacks on a character I was trying to heal. No biggie - I figured I'd just leave my computer logged in overnight a few days to burn down the rep hit.

After three days of waiting I still can't access the Settlements without the Thornguard chasing me down. So I asked the designers what the expected time delay was on the rep recovery.

Turns out that due to a series of issues and spreadsheet values, the answer is "20 weeks".

So just FYI: Don't do any PvP with any character you care about taking back to town. smile

(This will of course all be adjusted soon but there's no ETA)
Nihimon
Ryan Dancey
Turns out that due to a series of issues and spreadsheet values, the answer is "20 weeks".

If you remember the conversation, this is what I was talking about when I asked you if you were comfortable with the current Reputation mechanics after Cheatle was out for two weeks after testing PvP with Decius smile
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Wyspr
I think that was me, I'm surprised that I'd ever have that big an effect on someone's reputation ;-) i guess this is what people meant when they called me dodgy.

I tried to link to this thread in the PvP area and got an error, the loop in the hyperlink might be an issue.
shhh…
Xeroc
I guess dev team banned bad-bad PvP-griefer Ryan from settlement. I see nothing wrong… smile
Jane Snow
LOL! 20 weeks is a long time. I am assuming that everyone will be creating new characters for our murder spree the last week of Alpha!
"Y'know, I thought you might be some sort of sorcery savant, but it turns out you're just a brat – and you're about to get spanked… " - Zatanna Zatara
T: @Bonnekerz | F: /Janeislicious | bonny@goblinworks.com
kondor
Also, it should be noted that reputation only regenerates during active gameplay, so leaving your character logged in won't help smile
Nihimon
kondor
Also, it should be noted that reputation only regenerates during active gameplay, so leaving your character logged in won't help smile

Very interesting. Are you willing to share what constitutes "active gameplay"? Or is that a trade secret?
kondor
I believe the intention was for any non-AFK time to count, including typing, looking around, or any sort of input. However, currently only character movement is checked, so you must be moving at least every couple minutes.
Nihimon
Thanks. Don't expect I'll need it, but it's good to know.

I recommend occasionally identifying common exploits (like unattended running in circles) and silently changing the system to decrease Reputation instead of increasing it when such behavior is identified smile
Lord Regent Deacon Wulf
Possibly adding in a reporting mechanic in order to flag someone for participating in these activities.
"Through Strength of Arms, We bring Peace."

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post